The world knows the craze of MacBooks among different age groups and people from different professions. Such is the mania of this pro machine is that Apple recorded a massive sale of more than 18.21 million units in 2018. And since then, Apple has been witnessing an upsurging growth in MacBook sales.
Based on the work nature and usage type, the MacBooks are stuffed with countless duplicate files ending up in slow speed, poor performance, and everything that hampers your experience. Initially, the storage and duplicate file issues often get unnoticed, but once it starts to hinder the machine usage, remember, there is no going back.
So, what is the solution?
Well, the solution relies on getting familiar with the smart methods to find and delete duplicate files forever.
Here is how to get started.
How to find and get rid of the duplicate files on your MacBook
Regardless of which model or iMac, Mac Pro, or MacBook you own, finding and deleting the duplicate files is straightforward and hassle-free.
All you have to do is clean up iphoto, primary storage, clean iCloud, check the drives, and sort. You need to check drive and iphoto because that’s where the most duplicate files are found.
Also Read: Now Easy To access The Pirate Bay – Complete Guide From Digilatest
Follow these steps to get started
- Click on the ‘file’ option from the menu bar displayed on the MacBook desktop.
- Choose the ‘new smart folder’ option from the dropdown displayed
- This option will open a new window on the screen. Now, click the ‘+’ icon displaying next to the ‘Save’ feature.
- Click on the ‘kind’ option from the dropdown menu and now select the file type you want to search and delete. This will help you narrow down the search while helping you remain organized.
- This will help you browse different files stored in all the drives and folders in one go. Scroll through the entire grid view of displayed files to find the duplicate files and delete the same. You can use different filters to simplify the search for duplicate files while winding up the process quickly.
- Now comes confirming the duplicate files found by opening each one of them. For the sake of data security and management, you can click on the ‘Get Info’ option and then delete the files.
- If not of any use, right-click on the file type and click on the ‘Move to Bin’ option to eliminate the file from main storage forever.
Note – however, the process to find out and delete the duplicate files remains similar for all MacBook machines. Yet you may get to see a slight change in the process in the advanced or latest devices.
Also Read: Best Parental Control Software – NetNanny Vs Qustodio Reviews
The last line
Macbooks are loaded with numerous exciting features and everything that one wishes for in a present-age machine. But that’s the case only when you know how to use your machine wisely without letting it hamper your usage experience.
Besides storage and battery, duplicate file issues are typical for a MacBook user to experience. But the good part is that you can get rid of it using some simple and quick steps.
Leave a Reply